Set-up guide for DIC-23112 Wi-Fi Doorbell
Please follow below for a comprehensive guide on set up of the DIC-23112 Wi-Fi Doorbell.
Please read before installation:
- The DIC-23112 doesn't support a 5GHz network band, therefore your Wi-Fi network must be on a 2.4GHz frequency during set up. If you’re uncertain about this then please refer to the user manual of your router additionally you can contact your internet service provider.
- When following the steps below please have the DIC-23112 within 5m of where your router is located. Also the location where the DIC-23112 will be installed, ensure you have minimum 1Mb upload speed (The easiest way of doing so is using a internet speed test on a smart device such as Ookla,this it to be in the location while connected to your home network).
- In your smart device ensure the time setting is set to 24-hour format and not 12-hour format.
- For Android: If you’re using an Android smart device it might have Smart Switching enabled. Please turn this off. You can turn this back on after set-up is complete.
- Only use the power supply provided with the DIC-23112.
Installing the SD card
- Always ensure the device is completely powered off before inserting or removing an SD card.
- Remove the rubber seal and 3 securing screws.
- Slide the DIC-23112 out of aluminium case.
- Open the SD card cover and insert SD card ensuring it’s fully inserted.
- Firmly push the SD card cover back in place.
- Slide the DIC-23112 back into the aluminium case, replace securing screws.
Connecting the power cable
- Push the power cable through the rubber seal and wire the power cable into the terminal block.
- Connect the power cable to V+ and V- terminals (red cable to V+ and black to V-).
- Please ensure no bare cable is exposed, as it can cause an electrical short.
Please do not put the rubber seal back in place yet.
Powering up the DIC-23112
- First you must connect the power cable to a power supply, so plug it in and switch on.
- On the back of the device next to the power input there are two lights (see picture attached for reference) after 30+ seconds a red light will come on and stay steady. Also during this time a green light will start blinking, this is to indicate that the deice is ready for set up with your smart device.
In the next section “Connecting the DIC-23112 with your smart device” you’ll be asked to enter 4 different passwords:
- The first password 12345678 is the password for the Wi-Fi network of the DIC-23112 and you won't be asked to change this password.
- The default Security Code password 123456 is the security password for the DIC-23112 and you will be prompted to change this password to a password of your choice.
- The default Admin Password 123456 is to access the Advanced Settings of the DIC-23112. You will be prompted to change this password to a password of your choice.
- The fourth password you'll be asked to enter is the password of your router. Please have this ready to input when required. The DIC-23112 cannot connect to Wi-Fi that is not password protected.
Connecting the DIC-23112 with your smart device
- Download the 'Smartwares View App' from Google Play / Apple app store.
- Allow all permissions to the device , this will allow the application to fully function.
- On your smart device go to Wi-Fi settings and search for Wi-Fi networks.
- A network with a name beginning HD-xxxxx will appear, please select this network as it is the independant WI-FI source of your doorbell.
- When prompted on joining the network enter the password 12345678 to connect / join.
- Remember to ignore any message that says internet may not be available.
- Open the 'Smartwares View App'
- Tap on the to add a new system and a box will appear that you need to enter information into;
- Enter a name of your choice for your DIC-23112.
- Enter your 'DID' code.
- The 'DID' is the Device ID of the DIC-23112 Doorbell. This is located on a QR code on the rear of the aluminium cover.
- You can manually enter the 'DID' or use your smart device to scan the QR code. For Android click on “Scan DID Label” and for iPhone/iPad tap on the symbol of a QR Code. ( please see attached pictures for reference between the two)
- Enter the Default Security Code 123456 and click on save / okay / save this system.
|For Android select “Scan DID Label”. For iPhone/iPad tap on the symbol of a QR Code:Location of DID code on rear of aluminium case:|
This image is for illustrative purpose only and is not your DID code.
- On your screen you will either see an image from the camera or a Wi-Fi symbol.
- Tap on the image or on the symbol (whichever has appeared) and you will be prompted to modify / change the default security code. Change this to a security code of your choice.
IMPORTANT: The set-up is not yet complete. Please follow all of the next steps.
You need to access Advanced Settings to connect the DIC-23112 to your home network ,also to ensure that the correct time zone for your country is selected.
- To enter Advanced Settings tap on the settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- This icon will appear again on top of the image. Tap on it again.
- In the next screen select ‘Advanced’ and enter the Admin Password 123456. You will be prompted to change this password to one personal to yourself.
In Advanced Settings you need to set the correct Time Zone for your country.
- Scroll through the menu options to 'Time Zone'.
- Select the Time Zone for your country (for example if you're in the UK please make sure that GMT+00:00 is selected and select 'Daylight Saving').
Setting up the DIC-23112 to your Wi-Fi network
- In Advanced Settings scroll to 'Wi-Fi Setting' and either select your Wi-Fi network from the list (iPhone) or select 'Manage Wi-Fi network' (Android).
- Select your network from the list and enter the password of your Wi-Fi network.
- A message box will pop up to say unplug Ethernet cable. Please ignore this message as it has no relevance to the DIC-23112.
- Allow 2-3 minutes for the Doorbell to connect with your Wi-Fi.
- After 2-3 minutes close the app and press the Wi-Fi Doorbell button to test if it works.
For further instruction please consult the quick start guide included with your Wi-Fi Doorbell or download the full manual from the website:
This solution is valid for model number DIC-23112 and DIC-23112UK
For product support:
Tel: 0345 230 1231 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday 10:00 - 16:00 and Thursday 12:30 - 16:00)