HomeWizard Cameras / CIP-37210 / CIP-37210AT - How do I view the livestream on PC or Mac?
Modified on: Thu, 30 Jul, 2020 at 12:08 PM
Viewing the live stream
There is no official desktop app for HomeWizard cameras.
However, it is possible to view your camera within your local network via external RTSP streaming apps. (For example VLC Media Player).
To start viewing on a desktop you will need the camera IP adres and camera password.
How do I open the stream in VLC Media Player?
- Make sure you are connected to the same network as your camera.
- Download and open VLC Media Player.
- Go to File > Open Network Stream (see image).
- Complete the following RTSP URL by replacing the 'IP' and the 'password' with your cameras IP and PASSWORD.
- Copy and paste the RTSP URL into the VLC URL field and click 'Open'.
- VLC may ask you to enter your credentials. Enter 'admin' as your username and enter your own personal camera password. Press OK.
- VLC Media Player will now start streaming your camera.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.